- DeKalb County citizens can register to vote in federal, state and local elections at any branch of DeKalb County Public Library during library hours.
- In accordance with the National Voter Registration Act, voter registration is linked to library card registration. If you are seventeen and a half years old or older and register for a card, you will be offered the opportunity to register to vote.
- Questions about voter registration and qualifications should be directed to the DeKalb County Office of Voter Registration and Elections, 404.298.4020.
Income Tax Forms
- Federal and state income tax forms are made available to library patrons free of charge or in reproducible form. Between the first of the year and April 15, each branch has the following forms available:
- The most widely used Federal forms and instructions: 1040, 1040A and 1040EZ.
- The Reproducible Federal Tax Forms notebook (Publication 1132) with less commonly used schedules and instructions. These forms may be photocopied for 15¢ per page.
- Georgia 500 and 500EZ forms and instructions
- Tax audio and video cassettes are available at some branches.
- Library staff is not trained to answer questions of any kind about the content or intent of tax forms and law. Referral telephone numbers for tax assistance are posted in all branches.