Library Take-Out is a program designed to introduce Library services to recent immigrants of Hispanic and Asian descent and residents of DeKalb who are not familiar of services offered by the Dekalb County Public Library. It provides a portable temporary service point where Library programs and services can be provided and promoted to potential users in their community and their native languages.
What is Library Take-Out Kiosk?
LTO is a portable display that can be temporarily set up at venues where potential users gather.
Where can the kiosk be placed?
- Cultural Festivals
- Schools and Universities
- Social Service Agencies
- Shopping Centers
- Doctor’s Offices/ or Clinics
- Neighborhood Events
What services does Library Take-Out provide?
- Free library card sign-up for residents of DeKalb County
- Library material/collections in different languages
- Promote books, DVD’s, Books on Tape and reference materials that can be found in the library collection
- DCPL database tutorials
- Microsoft Office Applications ( MS Word, Publisher, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Free E-mail, Internet, and Basic MS Word classes
- Free Citizenship Classes
- Test Preparation Materials
- Family Literacy Programs
- Speaking series on library services
Who is eligible for Library Take-Out Service?
Organizations, social agencies, and neighborhood associations that reside in or serve citizens within DeKalb County.
How may someone request Library Take-Out service?
You may fill out and electronically submit the Library Take-Out Request Form below.
What does the service cost?
Library Take-Out is FREE to organizations and agencies within DeKalb County.