As a service to patrons of the DeKalb County Public Library, the Library provides a test proctoring service for DCPL cardholders in good standing.
- The student contacts the Library at least one week in advance of the test date to request a proctor.
Proctoring is provided Monday through Thursday starting at 10:30 a.m. Exams must be completed by 4:30 p.m.
- The student must read and sign a copy of the Proctoring Agreement.
- The student pays a non-refundable $20.00 fee* for each exam to be proctored. The fee, payable by cash or check, must be paid at the time the test is scheduled. The student is responsible for any other related costs.
- The student contacts the school to arrange for the exam or passwords to be sent to the Library.
- The student provides an envelope and adequate postage for mailing completed exams to the school/institution, or a toll-free number for returning exams by fax.
- The student brings current photo ID and provides any needed supplies (pencils, calculators, etc.).
- The proctor provides an area for testing and periodically monitors the student. Proctors cannot provide continuous monitoring.
- The proctor notifies the student when the time limit for the test is reached.
- Students requiring use of a library computer may need to wait in the queue until one is available.
- Computers cannot be reserved for any time or date. Students must complete the online exam within the standard one-hour computer time limit.
- The student is responsible for the costs of any photocopies required by the institution. If the institution requires that a copy of the exam be kept by the Library, it will be kept for thirty days. Within the thirty days, if the student contacts the Library regarding loss of exam in the mail, the Library will re-mail the exam and keep a copy for another thirty days provided the student pays for additional copying costs, envelope and postage.
- Students may reschedule once with one-day advance notice.
- Students who do not keep scheduled exam appointments may forfeit their proctoring fee and may not be allowed to reschedule.
* Fee applies for all exams scheduled after July 1, 2012.
Please contact one of the branches listed below for more information or to arrange to have an exam proctored:
Flat Shoals Library
Hairston Crossing Library
Northlake-Barbara Loar Library
Scott Candler Library
Stone Mountain-Sue Kellogg Library
Toco Hill-Avis G. Williams Library
Tucker-Reid H. Cofer Library
Wesley Chapel-William C. Brown Library