Using PayPal at DeKalb County Public Library
Things You Need to Know
- You will need to know the balance on your library account. Click here to login to "My Account".
- PayPal accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. Debit cards with the Visa or MasterCard logo are also accepted.
- All payments are final.
- Please allow 2 -3 business days (excluding weekends and holidays) for PayPal payments to be applied to your library account.
- If you would like to check out Library materials soon after you make a payment, bring a copy of the email confirmation showing your PayPal payment for a courtesy checkout.
- If you would like to make a payment on more than one library account, please click the "Special Instructions to Merchant" link to list the library card numbers and amounts to be applied to each account.
Can I pay my Library fines with a debit or credit card?
Yes. The Library is accepting credit and debit card payments for fines/fees through PayPal.
What is PayPal?
PayPal is a secure, online payment service that can be used to make or receive payments for an item or a service. The Library is using PayPal to offer patrons the option of paying their fines with a debit or credit card. Click here for more information about using PayPal.
Do I need to have a PayPal account to use PayPal?
No. You do not have to have an account with PayPal to make a payment. Although you are given the option to create a PayPal account at the end of the transaction, you do not have to do this step.
Is there a charge for this service?
No. The handling fee has been temporarily removed to help patrons in this difficult time.
What credit/debit cards are accepted?
PayPal accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. Debit cards with the Visa or MasterCard logo are also accepted.
Can I make one payment for multiple library accounts?
Yes. By clicking the “Special Instructions to Merchant” link, you can list the library card numbers and amounts to be applied to each account. For example : 220710********: $3.00; 220710********: $6.75
How long will it take for my PayPal payment to appear on my library account?
Payments will be applied to your library account within 2 - 3 business days, excluding weekends and holidays.
What happens if I accidentally overpay my account?
The overage will be added to your SAM Account for future use and cannot be refunded. See staff at your local branch for assistance.
Will I be able to use my library card to access the internet immediately after I make a credit card payment?
You may be able to use your library card to access the internet. Please see staff in the branch for assistance.
Can I make a credit card payment at the circulation/checkout desk?
No. Credit card payments can only be accepted online.
Can I pay for other services through PayPal?
No. The Library only accepts cash or check for services such as Meeting Room and Auditorium fees, computer printouts, photocopies, and temporary and non-resident cards.