Seminar rooms are available at these branches.
- Priority use of the seminar rooms will be given to library-related programs and activities.
- Seminar rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis for study, small group discussions and volunteer tutoring sessions. They are not for business use or game playing. These rooms are courtesy study rooms. Noise must be kept to a minimum or time in the room will be forfeited. The librarian may deny future use of the room based on past incident reports.
- Users of seminar rooms must sign in at the Reference Desk and must present a current unblocked DeKalb County Public Library card. Library staff will open room. When leaving the room, user should close door and notify person at the Reference Desk that room is vacant.
- Users of seminar rooms may book a room for up to two hours at a time. If no other patron has requested use of the room, the current user may extend their time beyond the two-hour limit until the room is requested by another patron.
- Seminar room users may use rooms for up to 6 hours per calendar week (Monday - Saturday).
- Seminar rooms must be left in the condition in which they were found and all trash must be placed in trash container. Charges will be assessed and billed to the adult cardholder if damages are noted.
- Markers for rooms equipped with dry-erase boards are available at the Reference Desk. Markers must be returned to the Reference Desk when user leaves. Do not use any other markers on the dry-erase board.
- Please check with the reference staff before taking reference materials into the seminar rooms.
- The library is not responsible for items left in the seminar rooms.